This Keto Broccoli Salad has a creamy citrus and ginger vinaigrette that will make your mouth water. Unlike the classic broccoli salad that is heavy and loaded down with bacon and cheese, this is a healthy and lighter broccoli salad that doesn’t skimp on flavor and is perfect for hot summer days! Gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love a keto broccoli salad with bacon and cheese. In fact we have friends who make a delicious broccoli salad with raisins, bacon, sunflower seeds and lots of mayonnaise – and even Mr. Hungry, who hates broccoli just slightly more than he hates cauliflower, will eat a little of it that way.
But rather than reinvent the wheel, I wanted to come up with my own keto version of a classic broccoli salad that hasn’t already been done a million times.
Because I’m obsessed with tangerine flavor lately, I started there – with lots of zest and a little tangerine juice for the base of the dressing.
I also added some minced ginger for a punch of flavor in this keto broccoli salad – and because it complements the tangerine so well.
Most of the broccoli salads I’ve had use raw broccoli, but I wanted mine just a little bit soft and with a mellower flavor, so I blanched it for a couple of minutes. It’s still firm, but not rock hard – which I found to be perfect.
To make this keto broccoli salad a little more complex and grown up, I even add some shredded radicchio which gave it just the slightest bitterness and added some color – then I finished with some sliced almonds for crunch and nuttiness.
While I expected this keto broccoli salad to taste great in theory, even I was surprised at how delicious it was!
The textures were beautiful, the dressing was light but creamy and delivered a bright citrus flavor that complemented the broccoli and radicchio perfectly. I just know you are going to love it too!
- This keto broccoli salad keeps REALLY well in the fridge for up to a week (and gets better every day!) making it a great option for lunch meal prepping. Do not freeze this salad – it won’t end well.
- If you can’t get tangerines, you can replace it with a regular orange or even grapefruit.
- I kept this low carb broccoli salad vegetarian, but you could easily add bacon, chicken, or ham to make it even heartier and more delicious!
- To make this keto broccoli salad vegan, replace the mayo with either vegan mayonnaise or an additional tablespoon of olive oil.
- If you’re allergic to nuts you can omit the almonds. If seeds are ok for you, try replacing the almonds with sunflower seeds or pine nuts.
- Finally, you can make this broccoli salad fully Paleo by using honey or maple syrup in place of the granulated sweetener.
More Keto Broccoli Recipes:
Broccoli & Cheddar Soup
Sriracha Roasted Broccoli
Cheesy Broccoli & Cauliflower Rice
Crispy Parmesan Broccoli Bites – Peace Love and Low Carb